- Providing access to quality education to orphans in Southeast Asia
- Fostering the development and success of orphans
- Creating viable partnerships with our donors and affiliates
- Creating awareness of orphans’ needs
- Maintaining ethical values while doing business in Southeast Asia
- Maintaining transparent solicitation and deployment processes for donated funds
- Providing an unbiased and cooperative working environment for our partners, employees and volunteers
Chau and Thai-Anh Hoang are the founding members of OrFA. For them, it all started back in 2010 when their mother showed them pictures of the Duc Son Orphanage (“Duc Son”), an orphanage in Vietnam their mother visited and supported regularly over the years. She first visited Duc Son in 2010 and developed close, rewarding relationships with the staff and orphans. After hearing the stories of numerous orphans from Duc Son, Chau and Thai-Anh decided to get involved as well. In October 2011, the sisters raised over $5,000 in education funds for the orphans at Duc Son.
Chau and Thai-Anh then traveled to Duc Son in November of 2011 and experienced first hand what the life of an orphan is like. Through their trip, they also realized how much of a difference they could make by providing the orphans with something as seemingly essential as education. The orphans raised at Duc Son were very intelligent and curious but, without the nourishment of proper education, they will likely grow up deprived of opportunities available to other children. Chau and Thai-Anh returned from their trip with a purpose: to launch a non-profit venture dedicated to providing orphans in Southeast Asia access to education. With this purpose in mind, the two founded Orphans’ Futures Alliance with Sensen Lin.